Deep Web expert Marcus Zillman makes freely available a tremendous wealth of resources for people who want to understand the Deep Web, particularly how to search it. His recently published article, Deep Web Research 2010, reminds me of how prolific Mr. Zillman is and that the only fault I can find in Mr. Zillman’s work is the overwhelming volume of resources he provides.
Deep Web Research 2010 provides a list of perhaps 200 resources in 10 categories:
- Articles, Papers, Forums, Audios and Videos
- Cross Database Articles
- Cross Database Search Services
- Cross Database Search Tools
- Peer to Peer, File Sharing, Grid/Matrix Search Engines
- Resources – Deep Web Research
- Resources – Semantic Web Research
- Bot Research Resources and Sites
- Subject Tracer Information Blogs
There are many fascinating links to follow. I did notice that some of the links were either to sites where one would need to subscribe to a service or buy an article and that some of the links were old and the content could be out of date. But, those concerns aside, one could spend days or weeks getting lost in readings about the Deep Web.
Tags: federated search